ldconfig error

From: Fausto Sanchez
Subject: ldconfig error
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:59:14 -0700

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody can tell me whether ldconfig is linux only
or does it also exist on Solaris. Everytime we build a library we get
the error:

chmod 644 /auto/repygb/fas/vegas/QT/VegasSW/build/gdb.sup1/isan/lib/libtimer.a
PATH="$PATH:/sbin" ldconfig -n /auto/repygb/fas/vegas/QT/VegasSW/build/gdb.sup1/isan/lib
../../../libtool: ldconfig: not found

The library builds and installs properly, but I can' figure out why this messages
pops up. We crosscompiling on a Solaris system to build library and executables
that run on Linux. I don't really do any kind of special configuratin, I let ltconfig
figure everything. Do I need to specify anything for this message to go away?

Thanks in advance,
fausto..