Re: C++ exceptions fail, CVS libtool, gcc 3.0.1, Solaris 2.6

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: C++ exceptions fail, CVS libtool, gcc 3.0.1, Solaris 2.6
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:06:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 address@hidden wrote:
> > Has anyone else seen this problem?  Is it due to libtool?
>
> Have you tried generating a small test program with exceptions to
> determine if GCC is the culprit? I cannot imagine anything inherent in
> libtool that would cause a problem. Are both versions of GCC built the
> same (i.e. with GNU as/ld)?

Both versions use Solaris 'as' and Solaris 'ld'.  Tests with simple
exceptions in a small stand-alone program show that exceptions do
work. A somewhat larger test program crashes in libstdc++
(libsupc++/vec.cc:52) so perhaps this is a compiler library issue
unrelated to libtool.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden