Re: libtool 1.4 not passing linker directives

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: libtool 1.4 not passing linker directives
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 17:27:05 -0500

Ian:

Automake uses Libtool to create libraries because it is portable,
it's practially the only thing that is.  One thing you should check,
do you really have to specify what is static?  I belive that under
Linux, the linker will choose shared libs over archives, if that
helps at all.  Perhaps you could train your app to find only
the archive libs at link time rather than add -Wl,Bstatic in
your link line.
Another alternative is to stop using Automake, just use the
Makefile.in that you already generated, and tailor it to
link with exactly the options you're hoping for.
  Did I miss anything?

HTH,

Rob