Re: Darwin jnilib with libtool/automake

From: Dmitry Markman
Subject: Re: Darwin jnilib with libtool/automake
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:38:55 -0400

it was the same problem in open source RXTX project

and we decided just provide ProjectBuilder/CodeWarrior  project
for building jnilib libraries

I understand it's not an answer to your question
but we just found ourself in very "funny" situation:

for supporting multiplatform building process
we could manage multihundreds lines make files
and we didn't have good result for MAC OS X
hovewer, creating PB project and successful building
took for me 1-2 hours
it was just more efficient
BTW any MAC OS X developer who has cc command-line
compiler has ProjectBuilder
and vice versa

I can send you RXTX 1.4.9 makefiles that was relative successfull
but 1.4.10 was totally unusable for MAC OS X
I'm not make file guru, so I didn't understand what happened
but you probably are so you'll understand
send me email and I'll send you 1.4.9 and 1.4.12 makefiles and you'll figure out differences again I was able to build jnilib with 1.4.9 makefile (I used autoconf configure e.t.c.)
hope it will help

Dmitry Markman, PhD