KCC (Linux) --thread_safe + libtool

From: Dirk Mueller
Subject: KCC (Linux) --thread_safe + libtool
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 01:14:46 +0200

Hi,

how am I supposed to pass the --thread_safe flag of KCC to libtool
correctly?

putting it into CXXFLAGS makes libtool strip it before it invokes KCC in the
--link mode, therefore fail the compilation (as KCC requires this flag to be
present during linking if one of the object files was compiled with
--thread_safe as well).

I see thread_safe_flag_spec in the libtool scripts but its set nowhere and
especially not when using KCC.

I'm using the libtool multi-language-branch with C++.

Dirk