Re: lt_dlforeachfile

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: lt_dlforeachfile
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:09:24 +0000

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 11:15:37AM +0100, Lutz Müller wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> where should I ask for an lt_dlforeachfile function that actually scans
> a directory when called a second time?

The libtool list <address@hidden> is the best place.  However, I guess
I am not understanding your question properly.  What is wrong with the
following?

        lt_dlforeachfile (NULL, iodriver_func, NULL);
        lt_dlforeachfile (NULL, cameradriver_func, NULL);

> In gphoto2 (http://www.gphoto.org), we need to scan the system for
> io-drivers (first time) and camera drivers (second time). There is no
> way to do that in one step, as the scans reside in different libraries
> (gphoto2-port is independent from gphoto2).
>
> Right now, we use dlopen directly, but I'd like to move to ltdl.h.

If you are finding that lt_dlopen provides different semantics to dlopen,
that is certainly a bug!

> Thank you!
>
> Lutz

HTH,