[ 100207 ] need_lib_prefix=no for osf*

From: nobody
Subject: [ 100207 ] need_lib_prefix=no for osf*
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:52:10 -0500

Support Request #100207, was updated on 2001-Nov-19 18:18
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=100207&group_id=25

Category: None

By: enchanter
Date: 2001-Nov-19 21:52

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=3216
Browser: Mozilla/4.78 [en] (X11; U; OSF1 V5.1 alpha)

Burkhard-

I'm not sure why I received email about this, but I'm
guessing because
I submitted a nearly-identical patch to the libtool-patches
mailing list
in July, and you found a reference to that?

Your patch looks fine (it's identical to the one I've been
using for
several months on Tru64 5.1, with projects like gnumeric).
I'm not sure
if that patch was ever applied to the HEAD branch of
libtool, but I guess
I'm hopeful either my patch or yours would make it into
libtool at some
point.

Until it does, my solution has been to have a copy of
libtool with this
and other patchs applied on my Tru64 development box, and
then use

        rm -f libtool ltmain.sh ltconfig aclocal.m4
        libtoolize --copy --force
        aclocal
        autoupdate
        autoconf
        automake

for any package that ships older/less-functional libtool
bits.

You're right that the dependencies between
libtool/autoconf/automake
are a pain in the butt, but in my experience most of the
problems relate
to macros that autoconf will no longer accept.  libtool and
automake
are generally not the problem.

By: bs