Re: use of libtool for linking executables - rpath problem

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: use of libtool for linking executables - rpath problem
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:25:14 +0100

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 11:36:21PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
: Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden> writes:
: > How is the application developer to know which directories are searched
: > by default?
:
: One can safely assume that /usr/lib and /usr/include are always searched
: by default.  Those are the only ones that I'd expect people to
: automatically leave out of the package configuration scripts.

There are always exceptions.  A bunch of projects I am a developer on uses
the MS Visual C++ compiler when building on Cygwin platforms.  Would you be
surprised to know that VC++ does *not* search Cygwins /usr/include for
headers by default? :)  Of course, I agree we should avoid including
-[IL]/usr/{lib,include} flags in *-config output for platforms were that
path is searched by default...

  Lars J