rpath change

From: Fausto Sanchez
Subject: rpath change
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 22:14:48 -0800

Hi,

We use libtool to compile a library that links with glib. The library glib is not located in the default area( /usr/lib ), but we used the -L tol let libtool know where glib lives. Libtool manages to find the
library, but displays this warning:

libtool: link: warning: 'library /auto/syssoft/lib/libglib.la'

Our library gets built with no problem. However, when we build a componend that links with our library, libtool complains that it cannot find the glib library in the default path:

libtool: link: cannot find the library '/usr/lib/libglib.la'

In the compilation of the component we specify ( using the -L flag ) where glib is located it. How
can I change the rpath so that libtool knows where the library resides?

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,
fausto..