Re: libtool hates twiddling

From: Stan Shebs
Subject: Re: libtool hates twiddling
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:43:03 -0800

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2002, Stan Shebs <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > It's more than that - any metachar in the path to $CC will also
> > break.  Certainly GCC itself doesn't have these limitations,
> > and indeed libtool works with '~' in paths otherwise - it's only
> > the tag inference bits that fail.
>
> In general, I recommend specifying the tag name explicitly, like some
> Makefiles already do, and automake should eventually do.

That seems sensible, but in the case of building libmath, at least
from what I can tell, one doesn't want the tag CXX, but there's no
name for the "default" config and thus no way to ask for it.  Perhaps
it should get the tag "default" then you could say --tag default to
make sure you got that rather than whatever tag inference might find.

Stan