Re: printing exceptions?

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: printing exceptions?
Date: 15 Mar 2002 21:11:39 -0300

On Mar 15, 2002, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:

> Alexandre Oliva <address@hidden> writes:
> |> However, I kind of fail to see the point of having -lgcc before -lc.

> The point of having -lgcc before -lc is that -lgcc can add references to
> -lc functions that were not referenced before.

Oh!  Yes, indeed.  I forgot about that.  Thanks for the reminder.

So, -lgcc -lc -lgcc is indeed one of the special cases that libtool is
going to have to learn to live with.  Perhaps it could learn to treat
them as a unit, though...

Fortunately, libtool only peeks into flags implicitly passed to the
linker in non-C tags, which means we're only going to get -lgcc_s
(because of the implicit -shared-libgcc in g++ and gcj), and things
will Just Work (TM).

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}