RE: Some fixes for cygwin

From: Robert Collins
Subject: RE: Some fixes for cygwin
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 00:29:53 +1000

If the modules are really modules, why can't the program dlpreopen them?
Or does dlpreopen depend on the system linker? If dlpreopen does depend
on the system linker, then perhaps we should patch dlpreopen for win32
platforms to use a C style constructor to call dlopen -before- main(),
thus preopening the files, but with LDPATH/known module paths honoured.

As I've stated before, a shell wrapper really is unappealing, and a .exe
wrapper is uggggly. For starters you'll have to forward export every
symbol in the real .exe...

Rob