Re: Shared libs under cygwin?

From: Gerrit P. Haase
Subject: Re: Shared libs under cygwin?
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 01:45:29 +0200

Hallo Jeff,

Am Mittwoch, 5. Juni 2002 um 18:08 schriebst du:

> I was wondering if any progress has been made to get shared lib support
> for cygwin?  Thank you!

Doesn't it work for you?

I just built db-4.0.14 last weekend with shared libs, was no problem,
see my little (3k) patch http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/db/ and that
was needed just because the db package don't make use of libtool for
installing the librariews and executables.  So, a patch is needed in
the most cases not because libtool doesn't do it but the hacker don't
make use of it (or use it the wrong way).

Gerrit
--
=^..^=