RE: Building DLLs using MinGW & libtool

From: Howard Chu
Subject: RE: Building DLLs using MinGW & libtool
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:37:04 -0700

I reported the same libtool bug a couple months ago. No response. The
libtool script assumes any file with a ".a" suffix is a static library, it
doesn't recognize that it's in fact a valid import library for a DLL. I
hacked my libtool script up to skip the filetype check and just blindly link
what I tell it to link. (Obviously it would be better in the long run to fix
the filetype check, but I knew what I was linking, and just wanted it to
shut up and do it...)

  -- Howard Chu