libltdl doesn't work on Cygwin, HP-UX, & Tru64 UNIX

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: libltdl doesn't work on Cygwin, HP-UX, & Tru64 UNIX
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:16:14 -0500 (CDT)

Gary,

I thought you might want to know that CVS libltdl is still throwing an
assertion under Cygwin.  It has now been reported to me (by Albert
Chin-A-Young) that this happens under HP-UX & Tru64 UNIX as well:

Assertion failed: (!*pargz && !*pargz_len && !before) || ((*pargz <=
before) && (before < (*pargz + *pargz_len))), file ltdl.c, line 547

We discovered that commenting out the assertion allowed loading
modules to work for Cygwin.

Since it works on 1/2 the platforms that we have access to, the
problem could be something like use of uninitialized data.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden