PPC build problems: undefined symbols in libkio

From: John Firebaugh
Subject: PPC build problems: undefined symbols in libkio
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 13:28:18 -0700

I run KDE CVS on debian ppc. Kopete dies whenever I try to view a user's info:

kopete: relocation error: /opt/kde-cvs-b/lib/libkio.so.4: undefined symbol:
__cmpdi2

ldd -r /opt/kde-cvs/lib/libkio.so gives:

undefined symbol: __floatdidf   (/opt/kde-cvs-b/lib/libkio.so)
undefined symbol: __floatdisf   (/opt/kde-cvs-b/lib/libkio.so)
undefined symbol: __cmpdi2      (/opt/kde-cvs-b/lib/libkio.so)

Google tells me that this was once a problem for debian ppc packages:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=libtool+__cmpdi2&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=handler.103970.D103970.100484915010417.ackdone%40bugs.debian.org&rnum=2

Apparently it is caused by a bug in libtool regarding libgcc:

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/libtool/2001-September/005476.html

No indication if this has been fixed in libtool and the fix has not made it to
our copy of libtool in admin/ or what. Anybody know?

-John