Re: 64bit HPUX problems

From: Albert Chin
Subject: Re: 64bit HPUX problems
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:27:16 -0500

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 04:06:16PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> I don't think we can't really rely on cflags because because the user could
> be using gcc, in which
> case we would have to look for __LP64__ (I think).  I think it might be
> easier to check
> $host_cpu for hppa2.0w.  However, a user wanting to build for 32bit would
> then have
> to set the build to hppa2.0n-hp-hpux*.

You can check CFLAGS. If they're using GCC, then have a separate case
statement to handle that:
  case "$CFLAGS" in
  *-DD64*)
    if test "$GCC" = yes; then
    else
    fi ;;
  *)
    ;;
  esac

You can also try compiling something and running file/odump/elfdump on
the result to test if the default is a 32/64-bit object file (I
imagine the output should be different for 32/64-bit executables).
I'm leaning towards checking $CFLAGS though.

--
albert chin (address@hidden)