link full path shared library to build a library

From: Liwei Peng
Subject: link full path shared library to build a library
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:27:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am building a shared library that depends on
another library (libXX.so.2). Because the default
set up for libXX.so.2 doesn't have a libXX.so
that points to libXX.so.2, I cannot use
"-L/usr/lib -lXX" to link it. When I put the
full path /usr/lib/libXX.so.2 in linker path,
libtool just ignores /usr/lib/libXX.so.2, it
won't pass it to the compiler. Can
anyone help me how to link libXX.so.2?

BTW, I am using libtool 1.4e from cvs tree(7/10/2002).
autoconf: 2.53; automake: 1.6.2.

Thanks in advance,

Liwei