Re: 64bit HPUX problems

From: John David Anglin
Subject: Re: 64bit HPUX problems
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:40:14 -0400 (EDT)

>  >Hmmm.  Thought the "w" referred to the W bit in the PSW being set to 1.
> No.  The "w" merely means the OS is capable of running code in wide mode
> (PSW bit set to 1).

I would argue that the code architecture is in fact different when the
PSW W bit is set to 1 (e.g., assemble_16, assemble_16a, add and branch
instruction conditions in table D-8, and addressing).

>  >The HP compiler has separate options to set the architecture and data
>  >model, although they are far from independent.
> Yes, as does GCC.  What's your point?

I am suggesting that the two not be mixed together in the cpu portion
of configuration triplets.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  address@hidden