Static libraries in shared libraries again - what about stdc++ and dlope

From: Fabian Wenzel
Subject: Static libraries in shared libraries again - what about stdc++ and dlopen?
Date: 22 Aug 2002 15:00:26 +0200

Hi!

I've recently found a posting about static libraries to be included in
shared ones which is (reasonably) not supported using libtool
(08/19/2002).

The problem I have is that I like to build a project under mingw32 which
makes use of libstdc++ in three instances:

1. In an underlying DLL
2. In the main program using the underlying DLL
3. In "plugins" which I like to open via dlopen from the main program
   which also uses the underlying DLL

The problem is that I even can't come across the first point as
libstdc++ is not provided as a convenience library. Even if it was
possible to build it this way, what about the second and the third
point?

Thanks for any clues,

        Fabian

--