Re: How to name the dll file which generated by make?

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: How to name the dll file which generated by make?
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 11:45:21 +0200

Es schrieb wang jincheng:

>    Part 1.1    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>            Encoding: 7BIT

along with the flags like -no-undefined, use -module
to be free to use whatever libname you want. However
that will make the linking into hello.exe a minor
pain. Note that there is a reason that cygwin-based
dlls are called "cyg*" - all created dlls and exes
have the implication of running in a unix personality
created by cygwin, they are not real windows programs
anymore, they can just use the win32 api entries, as
an extra. You also want to look into "mingw" for
creating dlls and exes that can more reasonably
called pure win32 programs which I guess you want
in the first place - otherwise you wouldn't try to
trick automake/libtool to use a windowish name for
the dll. For more libtool options, you might also
want to try ./libtool --help and ./libtool --mode=link
--help after the script has been created in the
build directory, that makes for more hint for other
doc sections that you missed - the naming scheme of
libraries and their module variants is documented
somewhere but forgive me that I do not have the time
to look them up for you -- good luck, guido