Re: Linux/Win32 cross and DLLs

From: David Olofson
Subject: Re: Linux/Win32 cross and DLLs
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:26:31 +0200

On Monday 16 September 2002 14:41, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> I've forwarded this reply to address@hidden
>
> "Schleicher Ralph (LLI)" wrote:
> > David Olofson <address@hidden> writes:
> > > IIRC, if I use the -no-undefined option, I simply get only a static
> > > lib (no DLL), while without it, libtool wants to run impgen.c on
> > > SDL.DLL, but fails to compile impgen.c as a result of passing some
> > > System V specific switch to 'as'. (At last, it *does* at least use
> > > the native compiler instead of the Win32 cross gcc, without any
> > > libtool patching or other tricks... Dunno' what I was doing
> > > before.)
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > Hints? Specific documentation on Linux->Win32 cross compiling?
> >
> > I think you run into the same Libtool bug that I reported in May this
> > year.  Problem is that Libtool still uses `HOST_CC' whereas Autoconf
> > has renamed this variable to `CC_FOR_BUILD'.

Yeah, I figured that out, but couldn't make it work despite setting
HOST_CC, or patching libtool... :-/

> > Here is my default cross compilation environment:
> >
> > $ cat crossenv.sh
> > HOST=i386-pc-mingw32msvc
> >
> > CC="$HOST-gcc"
> > export CC
> > CFLAGS="-I$CEA/$HOST/include -I$CEA/include -O2"
> > export CFLAGS
> > LDFLAGS="-L$CEA/$HOST/lib"
> > export LDFLAGS
> > # Need HOST_CC for libtool's impgen program.  The new name of HOST_CC
> > # is CC_FOR_BUILD, that means the C compiler for the build system.
> > HOST_CC="gcc"
> > export HOST_CC
> >
> > PATH=$CEA/win/bin:$PATH
> > export PATH
> >
> > unset LIBRARY_PATH
> > unset C_INCLUDE_PATH
> > unset CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH
> > unset OBJC_INCLUDE_PATH

I'm suspecting that the old cross wrapper scripts I've been using screw
up the environment, breaking the native gcc while cross compiling. I'll
adapt this to my system and see if it works better.

Thanks!

//David Olofson --- Programmer, Reologica Instruments AB