Re: [Fwd: Re: impgen.c again / Re: Linux/Win32 cross and DLLs]

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: impgen.c again / Re: Linux/Win32 cross and DLLs]
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 18:48:03 +0200

Earnie Boyd wrote:
Guido Draheim wrote:

David Olofson wrote:

[...]
and since 2.95.x, it is easy to build a crossgcc/crossbinutils
for somehost-to-win32 - done that for linux and solaris atleast,
and 3.x should be even better here.

Yes.  And should get easier with each release thanks to Danny Smith and
others working diligently on GCC/binutils.

[...]
And who wants to work natively on Windows anyway? ;-) (Seriously, that
system is getting on my nerves, for several reasons, but let's not get
into that. Suffice it to say, I want my stuff to run on it, and that's
all.)

don't tell me :-)=)

I do it all the time.  See http://www.mingw.org/msys.shtml for a native
host/build environment for mingw32.

[..]
Yes, and dllwrap is deprecated.  Dlltool is handy but being merged into
ld itself.  Much of what dlltool can do ld can already produce.

[..]
I'm just getting started.  I've joined several lists so that I can keep
abreast of win32 activity.  And libtool needs some win32 help.

what are your wishes?