Re: [Mingw-users] Re: libbfd, libtool & Win32

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Re: libbfd, libtool & Win32
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:51:23 -0400

Guido Draheim wrote:

> yes! and libtool does not use -dll/-mdll IIRC.

I think that the backward compatibility check in libtool.m4, etc can be
removed to remove confusion.

> > Current versions of the linker can produce as well as use the foo.def
> > import files.
> >

> Oh, that's news to me. So, one can take the _linker_ to produce a
> def file which contains the --dynamic-export-symbols? How is that?
> I've looked into dlltool -z too long, it seems...
>
> (and btw, _how_ recent that my be? ye know, these things happen to
>   be unresolved for years now....)

Here's an example for the mingw-users archives.

g++ -shared -Wl,--output-def,lib/example.def
-Wl,--out-implib,lib/libexample
.dll.a -Wl,--export-all-symbols -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias -o example.dll
example.o -lpng12 -ltiff -lz -ljpeg -lungif -lgdi32

Earnie.