Re: [Mingw-users] Re: "Re: libbfd, libtool & Win32" and "Re: Building a

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Re: "Re: libbfd, libtool & Win32" and "Re: Building a MinGW GLibetc..."
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 01:36:10 +0200

Earnie Boyd wrote:
Guido Draheim wrote:

Earnie Boyd wrote:

Robert Boehne wrote:

Max,

I took a look at the patch, and I don't have any objections
to it being checked in to Libtool.  Can I get some comment

from the mingwin people before I take the leap and

check it in?

I think it's a step in the right direction.  Building dll's with current
libtool for mingw32 is broken and this will fix that.

including crossgcc ?

Well, I haven't tested crossgcc.  I build natively.

With my first read through the patch, I saw two areas that make
me suspicous about valid for crosscompiling, ye know, but if
you have success with that, so be it.

This may need work since I haven't tested it.  I really haven't looked
closely at Max's patch, though  I'm getting ready to give it a work out
though.

(A) the sys_lib_search_path spec gets hardcoded to the cygwin path.
     no go on mingw cross. $CC -print-search-dirs rules.
(B) final $dlname to ../bin/$dlname - interesting way to do about this
    but probably interfering with autoconfed installpath specs (I for
    one use an ac-macro to make the default of $libdir the same as
    $bindir which has the effect of what's needed - to bring the dlls
    into $PATH).
(C) what's that install-number-increment-sedscript about?
(D) is that a shellscript to make a .def file and compile it?
    cute... but let's see if it works cross.

so much for reading into it just lightly...