Re: [Mingw-users] Re: "Re: libbfd, libtool & Win32" and "Re: Building a

From: Max Bowsher
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Re: "Re: libbfd, libtool & Win32" and "Re: Building a MinGW GLibetc..."
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:15:51 +0100

Guido Draheim wrote:
> (A) the sys_lib_search_path spec gets hardcoded to the cygwin path.
>       no go on mingw cross. $CC -print-search-dirs rules.

I wish I knew why this hack is required on Cygwin

> (B) final $dlname to ../bin/$dlname - interesting way to do about this
>      but probably interfering with autoconfed installpath specs (I for
>      one use an ac-macro to make the default of $libdir the same as
>      $bindir which has the effect of what's needed - to bring the dlls
>      into $PATH).

I agree that this is inelegant. Ideally, we would calculate the relative path to
bindir from libdir, but I don't know how to do that. Anyone?

> (C) what's that install-number-increment-sedscript about?

The give-dlls-execute-permissions-sedscript? Because on Cygwin with ntsec, the
dll is installed without execute permission, so cannot be used.

> (D) is that a shellscript to make a .def file and compile it?
>      cute... but let's see if it works cross.

No idea - I just copied and pasted from the existing code in libtool.m4.

Max.