Re: how about a bug fix release?

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: how about a bug fix release?
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 09:07:42 +0200

no news....

Troy Cauble wrote:

Using 1.4.2, I was bitten by the test/pic_mode quoting bug
in ltmain.sh.

I pulled branch-1-4 from cvs but for that version, ltmain.sh
needs ${SED} defined by a new macro and still has issues with
non-quoted test values anyway.

After realizing that I didn't see this bug on my Mandrake
system, I looked at what they're distributing:  1.4.2 with
5 patches.  I imagine the other Linux distros are doing
the same.

So the "Stable Release" is over a year old and only works
because the Linux distro teams are patching it.  Maybe
it's time for a bug fix release?  Or at least pointers to
the best patches on the home page?

-troy