Re: Libtool 1.4.3

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Libtool 1.4.3
Date: 08 Oct 2002 18:29:28 +0200

Bob> Wouldn't it be better to get libtool 1.5 out the door?  The
Bob> resources required to achieve a releasable product are similar
Bob> and CVS libtool already contains most of the fixes that would go
Bob> into a 1.4.3.

There is one big question which must be answered first: will it have
to be Autoconf 2.13 compatible?

I *strongly* suggest that it must not.  It should AC_PREREQ 2.54
immediately.  Then, I'm fine with checking the M4 code and making it
up to date.  If needed, I'll wrap a 2.55 with whatever is needed to
have Libtool work better with Autoconf.