Re: MinGW libtool DLL failure

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: MinGW libtool DLL failure
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:08:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Boehne, Robert wrote:

>   The only thing that troubles me about the link line Bob posted is
> that a .dll is specified in the link, not the corresponding .lib.
> I'm not a Windows guru, but I thought that you never link to a
> dll directly, but to the .lib that is created when the dll is.

This, of course, is possible via the wonders of libtool.  Libtool
should hide the fact that a .lib or .a (or whatever) is actually used
under the covers.  In fact, Microsoft compilers, Cygwin, and MinGW
appear to use different naming schemes for these link libraries.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden