Re: Hiding the --finish "installed in" message

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Hiding the --finish "installed in" message
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:49:20 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Nick Humfrey wrote:

> Has anyone considered a method of disabling the "Libraries have been
> installed in:" message when running libtool --finish ?
> I know this can be done using --silent, but that isn't very helpful
> when it is called automatically using exec in the install mode
> section.

In my experience, --silent doesn't disable informational messages, it
only disables showing the commands that libtool is executing.

I also agree that modules are not normally expected to be linked to by
user's programs and that the informational message is confusing at
best.  If I find a way to disable this informational message for
modules without breaking anything else, then I will do so.

> Should I make my own libtool hack, or is this something that other
> people may find an issue ?

Submitting a libtool patch against current libtool CVS is the best
path forward.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden