[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[ 100207 ] need_lib_prefix=no for osf*

From: nobody
Subject: [ 100207 ] need_lib_prefix=no for osf*
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 23:11:40 -0400

Support Request #100207, was updated on 2001-Nov-19 18:18
You can respond by visiting:

Category: None
Status: Open
Priority: 5
Summary: need_lib_prefix=no for osf*

By: mooney
Date: 2002-Oct-19 03:11
Logged In: YES 
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; OSF1 alpha; en-US; rv:1.2a) Gecko/20020912

Here it is almost a year later, and I'm just now submitting
my patch via the official method (rather than on the libtool
developer list).  It's patch #575 on,
against the then-current 1.4b CVS.

I found this and found the problem in August of 2001, and
reported the problem and fix for gnumeric on
(see problem reports 52096 and 58426), since that's where I
first discovered it.  I reported it quite a bit later on the
libtool mailing list, and I think I cc'ed the patch to
libtool-patches but don't recall for sure.


By: bs
Date: 2001-Nov-20 09:08
Logged In: NO 
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.12; Mac_PowerPC)

Sorry, but I didn't find a reference to your patch. 
Otherwise I wouldn't have submitted an almost-
identical one.

I'm doing the same procedure you describe with 
packages using libtool/autoconf/automake, but that's 
quite unsatisfactory. Additionally, tarballs created for 
distribution have the wrong settings in their configure 
script causing installs on Tru64 to fail without 

I'd really welcome your patch to be included in libtool, 


You can respond by visiting:

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]