Re: library relocation

From: Frederic Gobry
Subject: Re: library relocation
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:37:26 +0200

Hi,

> The real problem is that ELF platforms shouldn't
> ever relink, because it isn't necessary and it
> causes problems like these.  If I get a patch

I must admit I heavily relied on libtool so far. It worked so well
that I never took the time to study the details of what it was
performing.

So, during the install, if the installation path is different from the
one specified during compilation, the library is relinked with no
runtime path. How does this cause link problems on linux ? (I don't
know AIX or HP-UX)

Frédéric