Re: Maintainership

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Maintainership
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:38:40 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Akim Demaille wrote:

>  Bob> Rumor has it that libtool still works with Autoconf 2.13.  It would be
>  Bob> wise not to intentionally break compatability with Autoconf 2.13.
>  Bob> However, I only test with the most current releases of Autoconf.
>
> It has once been suggested that 1.4.5 be the last 2.13 compatible
> version.  Has this changed?

I am switching this discussion from address@hidden to
address@hidden since that is where a discussion like this belongs.

While I have no personal interesting in supporting Autoconf 2.13, I
believe that it is in libtool's best interest to remain compatable (at
least for a while) with Autoconf 2.13 since to do otherwise would
result in the entrenched Autoconf 2.13 community sticking with Libtool
1.4.X, and never advancing to Libtool 1.5.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden