Re: [Fink-devel] Re: libtool "module" behavior and darwin

From: Benjamin Reed
Subject: Re: [Fink-devel] Re: libtool "module" behavior and darwin
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 17:21:41 -0500

On Sunday, November 24, 2002, at 05:17 PM, Guido Draheim wrote:

That's actually the difference between "-all-static" and "-static" IIRC. The "-static" should only link its .la's as static, and non-la's dynamic. But perhaps I am mistaken too, that's why I did ask if you did try somewhen.

Well, plenty of the la's in kde's tree are dynamic and not bundles (like, libkdecore). If I did -static, I would end up with every binary in kdelibs linked statically... =)