Re: [Fwd: libtool: SIGSEGV with ltdl.c (tryall_dlopen_module)]

From: Scott James Remnant
Subject: Re: [Fwd: libtool: SIGSEGV with ltdl.c (tryall_dlopen_module)]
Date: 15 Dec 2002 20:51:00 +0000

On Sun, 2002-12-15 at 17:10, Albert Chin wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 04:45:27PM +0000, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> > This is actually two "problems" he's fixing, the first of which
> > definitely looks like a good fix -- the second of which (the third hunk
> > of the patch) I'm not sure about, and the third (the fourth hunk) he
> > doesn't even know why he's including!
>
> I think some of this was fixed in 1.4.3. Have a peek.

I did notice that the last hunk of the patch was already in 1.4.3,
sorry, I forgot to mention that! :)

I didn't see a direct change that would specifically stop "objdir" or
"dir" in the calls to tryall_dlopen_module() being NULL -- they'd still
get caught at the assert().

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant     Have you ever, ever felt like this?  Had strange
http://netsplit.com/      things happen?  Are you going round the twist?