Re: Setting LD tool default to ld breaks configure check for ld used by

From: John David Anglin
Subject: Re: Setting LD tool default to ld breaks configure check for ld used by GCC
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:39:39 -0500 (EST)

> The toplevel configure script sets "LD=ld".  The ld used by the GCC check
> in the opcodes directory has the line
>
>   test -z "$LD" && LD="$ac_prog"

The above line comes from libtool.m4.  If we set LD="" in the toplevel
configure script, the libtool script then sets LD to ld program used by
GCC.  However, this define for LD isn't a proper default.  So, I am
wondering if the libtool script should also reset LD when LD=ld?

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  address@hidden