next release of libtool? (was: RE: libtool incompatible with curr ent au

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: next release of libtool? (was: RE: libtool incompatible with curr ent autoconf)
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:02:18 -0800

That works to some extent, but it isn't enough.

My goal is to get kaffe to the point where it can be
cross-compiled, and installed to a staging area using
  'make install DESTDIR=/my/staging/area'
However, it looks like it was only last month that libtool started
supporting DESTDIR override; see
http://subversions.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/libtool/libtool.m4?rev=1.274&conte
nt-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

So my question still stands: when will the next release candidate
for libtool be generated?  It'd sure be nice to have a more
cross-compile-friendly libtool.

I guess I'll start trying to use cvs head libtool and see if it
works for me.
- Dan