RE: 1.5 alpha release?

From: Boehne, Robert
Subject: RE: 1.5 alpha release?
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 10:59:57 -0500

Albert,

There are still issues with Mac OS X, and the patch for hppa64 from Ross.
The problem with OS X is that $shrext is evaluated too soon, and I can't
figure out how to quote it so it won't.  I may end up having to add
a second variable $modext and going back to a method like was used before
$shrext was introduced.  I hate to do that because it isn't necessary
on any other platform.  We're also waiting on a copyright assignment for
the piecewise archive linking patch.

Robert