Re: gettext libintl.la dependency_libs problem

From: Tim Mooney
Subject: Re: gettext libintl.la dependency_libs problem
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 17:50:38 -0600 (CST)

In regard to: Re: gettext libintl.la dependency_libs problem, Albert Chin...:

>According to the libtool info file:
>  `-R LIBDIR'
>       If OUTPUT-FILE is a program, add LIBDIR to its run-time path.  If
>       OUTPUT-FILE is a library, add -RLIBDIR to its DEPENDENCY_LIBS, so
>       that, whenever the library is linked into a program, LIBDIR will
>       be added to its run-time path.
>
>So, I guess it's a bug in libtool. Is the patch below correct? We can
>throw away -R in $deplibs because we already added it to $xrpath when
>we scanned $dependency_libs.

That patch does alleviate the problem -- when I rebuild glib 2.2.0's
configure machinery to use the patched libtool 1.4.3, -R/some/path is no
longer passed to the platform linker.  Whether it's the optimum fix,
I don't know.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              address@hidden