[Q] what to do with unknown flags

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: [Q] what to do with unknown flags
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 00:41:32 +0900

Hi,
There are quite a few Makefiles in packages which add flags without -Wl, or -Xlinker to LDADD and expect them to work (on darwin the most common is -framework name_of_framework), they don't appear in the link line for shared libs. I am unsure if this is by design or accident.

They appear when linking executables (they are in compile_command etc), but not in shared libraries.

Now, if I send a patch which puts flags unknown to libtool into compiler_flags and linker_flags unedited, am I likely to get anywhere?

Peter