[Q] Simple dlopen test program

From: zaufi
Subject: [Q] Simple dlopen test program
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 04:18:59 +0300

Hi!

I update libtool from CVS 30 min ago, and wrote simple test project (see
attached .tar.bz2) which is use `dlopen' to load shared library.
The problem I found is that there is now way (at least I don't know it) to
determinate name of library where dlopen was found... so this test program
fail to link. As I remember (fix me if I'm wrong) in some previous version of
libtool -ldl was stored in substed LIBADD_DL  variable after ./configure, but
in CVS version I can't found this :((

How to make my test project compilable???

P.S.: Why even after determinate that F77 is not needed,

>checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no

libtool doing the following (moreover doing incorrectly as I can see)???

>...snip...
>appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
>checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
>checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
>checking whether to build static libraries... yes
>checking for  option to produce PIC... -fPIC
>checking if  PIC flag -fPIC works... no
>checking if  supports -c -o file.o... no
>checking whether the  linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
>checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
>checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
>checking dynamic linker characteristics... ./configure: line 1:
>-print-search-dirs: command not found
>GNU/Linux ld.so
>configure: creating ./config.status
>...snip...