Re: autoconf/configure-based linkage/include paths.

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: Re: autoconf/configure-based linkage/include paths.
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:51:10 -0800

Keith Kyzivat wrote:
Ok. I have fixed the problem. It has to do with libtool having a hardwired lib search path of /lib /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib, which in the cross-compile case, is incorrect. I modified the generated libtool script contained in the project dir, modifying the sys_lib_search_path_spec so it contained *only* the target's lib dirs. note that this gets defined twice in the library
for some reason.
To top things off, and make sure there weren't any collisions, I took out all the *.la files in lib folders around my system (I stored them in a backup heirarchy).

Cleaned and rebuilt, and voila, things link properly.

I have a feeling libtool-1.5, when it's released in the
not too distant future, will address this problem.
- Dan