Re: libtool support for intel icc compiler

From: Allan Sandfeld Jensen
Subject: Re: libtool support for intel icc compiler
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 01:14:50 +0100

> icc users:
>
> Aparently support for icc isn't complete.  Here is where
> you can help by submitting a patch that fixes the problems
> you're running into.  I don't have access to this compiler,
> so if it is something you want, you'll have to volunteer to
> do it.  Please read http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/contribute.html
> before you post your patch.

Found the bug:
> > linux*)
> >   case $cc_basename in
> >   icc|ecc)
> >     _LT_AC_TAGVAR(lt_prog_compiler_wl, $1)='-Wl,'
> >     _LT_AC_TAGVAR(lt_prog_compiler_pic, $1)='-KPIC'
> >     _LT_AC_TAGVAR(lt_prog_compiler_static, $1)='-static'
> >     ;;
My orignal code read:
if test $CC='icc'; then

I tested against $CC because $cc_basename doesnt work for the C-compiler part.
(Not sure if it's supposed to work, it just only works for C++-compiler
part).

 Applying the attached oneliner (switching on $CC instead of $cc_basename)
solved the problem here.

Regards
`Allan