-Wl,-rpath question

From: Patrick Welche
Subject: -Wl,-rpath question
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 17:09:17 +0100

This is probably in a manual, but I don't see where...

Quite a few packages using autotools seem to have the correct -L, but no
-Wl,-R. Is it up to libtool to know whether an associated -rpath is
necessary for each -L? or is it something one has to somehow write in
Makefile.am ? (One has me pondering as it has -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib
to get libjpeg, but only -L/usr/X11R6/lib so I end up editing the Makefiles
by hand - this is obviously not the right long term fix, and certainly
not something I could send in as a patch..)

Cheers,

Patrick