(With Patch) Re: DESTDIR trouble

From: Abel Cheung
Subject: (With Patch) Re: DESTDIR trouble
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 18:35:58 +0800

On 2003-07-05(Sat) 14:09:40 -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Other than identifying the problem, I don't really know how to correct
> the remaining issue.  But in this message
>
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2003-05/msg00022.html
>
> I posted a test case that demonstrates the issue; if anybody can figure
> out how to fix libtool, they can test their fix with this small testcase
> rather than trying to build guile. :-)

Here is a patch attached, that always worked for me so far. It
forcefully puts -L$inst_prefix_dir in front of all other -L and -l
flags. Please tell me if this patch is appropriate or not to commit into
CVS.

Good to know that others are bringing up this problem again. Not only
for test cases, I see the same problem in realworld cases too; it was
picking up installed gettext-0.11.x while relinking gettext 0.12.x
libraries.

Abel

--
Abel Cheung