Re: Is libtool being maintained at all?

From: Scott James Remnant
Subject: Re: Is libtool being maintained at all?
Date: 06 Jul 2003 23:53:05 +0100

On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 11:18, Dalibor Topic wrote:

> Thanks, for an outsider like me, it's hard to understand a project's
> internal social structure. I've got one more question, though: how do
> you handle external patches from distributors? Do you hunt down their
> patches trying to integrate their changes back into the CVS tree? Or do
> you wait till they contact you?
>
> Here's a short list of patches I've found by browing the web:
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/devel/libtool/patches/
> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/devel/libtool/patches/
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/devel/libtool15/files/
> http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/libtool-1.5-3.i386.html
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libt/libtool/libtool_1.4.3-10.diff.gz
> etc.

As the Debian Libtool package maintainer, I'd like to know whether it
would be possible to gain CVS commit access to the libtool repository.

Not necessarily to merge in our (fairly hefty, now) patch, but to at
least help with some of the work.

Scott
--
Who is responsible, well-presented AND washes behind his
ears occasionally :-)