Problem installing libtool

From: Daniel Cardenas
Subject: Problem installing libtool
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:34:59 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to install libtool 1.5 onto Mac OSX 10.2.6 following the
instructions in the INSTALL doc, but "make install" (as root) fails with the
following:

gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `/usr/bin/libtool': No such file or
directory
make[1]: *** [libltdl.la] Error 1
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I stupidly removed libtool from /usr/bin/ hoping to replace the default
libtool install with a fink libtool install, but I can't do that either. How
can I fix this?

-Daniel Cardenas

PS- clearly I'm a newbie to Unix... Have I fouled things up irrepairably?
Should I never never remove anything from /usr/bin/?