RE: libtool patches

From: Greg Eisenhauer
Subject: RE: libtool patches
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 07:20:22 -0400

 > To my knowledge, all of the outstanding libtool patches which have
 > been submitted to the libtool mailing lists and which are not subject
 > to further discussion or copyright assignment, have been been applied
 > to libtool CVS.

I guess I should call attention to my patchs, submitted in March.  The first
is small, correcting a problem with uninstalled library files that is not
covered by existing tests.

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool-patches/2003-03/msg00000.html

test set to cover the situation and resubmitted the patch.

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool-patches/2003-03/msg00082.html

I received copyright assignment info from Robert and sent it off to the FSF
in early April.  I gather that they weren't received/processed in time for
the 1.5 release, and I haven't actually heard from Robert whether or not
they ever were received.  The last time I asked him to check a few weeks ago
he responded that he was in the middle of a rebuild of a home computer and
didn't really have time.

I'm pretty sure the actual fix requires no further discussion.  It just
fixes an obvious situation where the uninstalled libraries do not have full
path information and you can't link to them from another directory.  The
test I submitted is simple and *should* work, but it tests something that
was not previously tested (creating libraries that themselves dlopen
modules) and might reveal further libtool problems on some platforms.  That
might generate useful discussion, but isn't likely to unless the patch is
installed.

So, if a maintainer could examine these patches and either install them or
tell me what I need to do to make that possible, I'd be appreciative.

thanks,
greg

greg eisenhauer         address@hidden          (404)894-3227
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~eisen/
College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA  30332