How to get libtool working on cris

From: Simon Posnjak
Subject: How to get libtool working on cris
Date: 17 Jul 2003 20:13:10 +0200

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile libgcrypt on Axis Cris. The problem is that
libtool, doesn't seam to support cris-axis-none target. When I run
./configure I get:

<snip>

checking for cris-ranlib... cris-ranlib
checking for cris-strip... (cached) cris-strip
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for cris-gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if cris-gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... no
checking if cris-gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if cris-gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if cris-gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if cris-gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/local/cris/lib/gcc-lib/cris/2.96/ld) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... no
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
creating libtool

</snip>

What do I have to do to make libtool recognise cris-axis-none and make
it create shared libraries? Thank you.

P.S. If I wasn't specific enough:
-The tool chain uses standard GNU tools (gcc, ld, as)
-It runs linux (and i'm on ia32 linux - i'm cross compiling)
-more info abut cris can be found on developer.axis.com

        Reagds Simon