libtool problem

From: M. Lavasani
Subject: libtool problem
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:27:58 +0100 (BST)

Hi

This is a general question, although I am going to refer to a specific paltform
and specific  program.

I am trying to compile pango on HPUX-11.22 (IA64) platform using gcc-3.3.1.

Pango first generates "libpango.so", Then it generates another library
"libpangox.so" that links to "libpango.so".

         shared library list:
             ./.libs/libpango.so
             libX11.so.1
             libc.so.1

as you see from the above it links to " ./.libs/libpango.so". This has
caused lot of problem.

Which part of libtool controls "./" in linking time??

If it is possible I want to replace "./" with absolute path, or change
"./.libs/libpango.so" to "libpango.so".

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

                        __Mehdi